Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of our terms & conditions
By using our www.reddotgrocer.com website (“Website”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Please read this agreement carefully. These represent the terms and conditions for using our service
- If you do not agree to these, you may not use this Website.
- You must be 18 years or over to use our grocery services and Website.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to update and/or revise these Terms and Conditions. Please check periodically for changes
- www.reddotgrocer.com is an online shop operated by Red Dot Grocer B.V.
- Red Dot Grocer B.V. (“We”) is registered in The Netherlands under KVK no: 83048162.
- The registered address is located at Plaza 26, 6852 RX Huissen, The Netherlands and the address of the operations office is located at Rheindorfer Str 134C, 53225 Bonn, Germany.
Use of the Website
Red Dot Grocer B.V. may change, suspend or discontinue the Website at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of this Website without notice or liability.
- It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. We reserve the right to modify or withdraw a password at our discretion. Your password is exclusive to you. It should not be shared and must be treated as confidential. If you become aware of misuse then you must Contact Us immediately
- Customers using our grocery services accept the need to have their credit or debit card or other payment details registered with Red Dot Grocer B.V. prior to ordering. These details are held in an encrypted form in our database and will only be used for payment on account and/or payment of goods and services received by you using our grocery service.
We reserve the right to:
- Decline a new customer registration or suspend or terminate a customer’s account at any time and at our sole discretion.
- At our absolute discretion to terminate your access to all or part of this service with or without notice.
- The prices shown on this Website at the time of ordering are fixed. The prices you will be charged for goods will be the actual prices stated in our website.
- The weight of some goods may vary marginally from that ordered and the price, especially shipping charges, may change to reflect actual weight – if it weighs a little less you pay a little less and if it weighs a little more you pay a little more. Prices in ‘My basket’ are estimates only.
- Prices exclude VAT and delivery cost.
- Payment will be taken on the day of purchasing.
- If we have made a pricing error by displaying a lower price than the correct price, we will either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product or reject your order and notify you of such rejection. If the pricing error is unmistakeable, we are under no obligation to provide the product to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
- We aim to dispatch your order within 4 to 5 days working days of receipt and it should be with you within 6 to 10 working days of dispatch (Most European destinations 2 to 5 working days. As we use a third-party delivery service, these times are estimates and not guarantees. However, please let us know if you do not receive your order in good time and we will look into the matter. Delivery times may be longer for certain products.
- Where a product is out of stock we will offer you a refund. All descriptions, product images and weights are those of the original manufacture and are intended to give a general description of the goods. The weight to be shipped includes the weight of packaging for the goods.
- Product images are for illustrative purposes only, and whilst representative of the product exact packaging detail may vary from time to time, subject to changes by the manufacturer. Equally, manufacturers occasionally change their recipes or item weight. Again, we strive to keep our pictures up to date but we do only use them for illustrative purposes. You will always receive the current product available to us at the time of your order.
- The Products will be at your risk from the time of delivery.
- Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
Our refunds policy
- When you return a Product to us:
- because you have cancelled the contract between us within the 14-day cooling-off period, we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full, including the cost of sending the item to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us;
- because the Product is defective, we will examine the returned Product and replace it or provide a refund. Products returned by you because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us.
- When breakages occur during delivery, we require photographic evidence from you to demonstate that the product is indeed broken. If we are satisfied that the product has been broken, and that the damage has been caused in transit, we will refund the price of the product in full.
- We will usually refund any money to the payment method used to pay for your purchase.
- When a product is past it’s sell by date, we require photographic evidence from you to demonstrate that this is the case. If we are satisfied that we have supplied an out of date product we will refund the price of the product in full.
- Claims for refunds must be made within 7 days of dispatch for deliveries
- We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us through our site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied.
- Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product you purchased and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us.
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which are not foreseeable by you and us (such as loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, waste of management or office time) however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
- This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
- For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
Transfer of Rights and Obligations
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the contract.
Events Outside our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- Our performance under any contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
Law and Jurisdiction
- Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site will be governed by EU law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such contracts shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in The Netherlands.
- Your Information
We may collect the following types of data from you:
- Email address
- Telephone Number
- Your payment details are not stored by us and are submitted directly to our third-party payment providers via a 128-bit encrypted connection.
- You agree to provide Personal Data which is in all respects true, accurate and up to date and is not, in any respect, misleading, deceptive or inaccurate or likely to mislead or deceive.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to collect information about how our customers use this site. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.